1. The purpose or intended use of the appraisal should be stated.
2. What kind of valuation is being done - replacement value, fair market value, marketable cash value?
3. How the value is being arrived at, many times through comparable market data approach.
4. What are the professional qualifications of the Appraiser?
5. Statement of "disinterest" on part of the Appraiser, regarding purchase or sale of the items appraised.
6. Thorough description of the items appraised, including age, style, material, the maker or artist, if known, condition of items, and measurements and weights (when necessary).
7. Origin of the item and history of exhibition or illustration in print, if known.
8. Inclusion of comparable findings, and derivation of evaluation, when necessary.